Faculty and Staff
UNB Saint John will celebrate its 35th Fall Convocation ceremony on Friday, October 20, 2017 beginning at 4:30 p.m. at the Imperial Theatre. All members of faculty and staff are invited to participate in the academic procession.
Regalia reservation deadlines
The regalia (gown and hood) reservation options for those wishing to participate in the ceremony are as follows:
If you wish to BORROW regalia from UNB Saint John’s inventory, please email your name, height and degree information to email@example.com by Friday, October 6. A limited number of PhD gowns and hoods are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you wish to RENT UNB regalia, you can do so through Gaspard. Please note that the deadline to reserve through Gaspard is Friday, October 6.
- If you wish to PURCHASE regalia, specific to the university from which you graduated, you can do so through Gaspard at http://www.gaspard.ca or by calling 1-800-380-8214.
- If you have your own regalia, and plan on participating, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 6 so we can ensure enough chairs are reserved at the ceremony.
Regalia pick up and drop off
- If you have reserved regalia from UNB Saint John, you may pick it up on Thursday, October 19, from 1 – 2:30 p.m., in the Athletics Centre, room 112. If you are unable to pick it up on Thursday, you may do so on Friday, October 20, from 2:30 – 3:45 p.m., in the Community Room of the Rotary Admiral Beatty Complex located next door to the Imperial Theatre. Please return your regalia to this room after the ceremony.
- If you have reserved regalia from Gaspard, you may pick it up on Friday, October 20, from 2:30 – 3:45 p.m., in the Grand Hall. Please return your regalia to this room after the ceremony.
If you are not able to attend Convocation, you are most welcome to attend the Convocation Reception taking place immediately following the ceremony in the Grand Hall.