English Language Programme
At the English Language Programme, we're proud to be entering our 66th year of helping English language learners achieve their personal, academic, and professional language goals.
- business professionals;
- international and domestic clients;
- adult learners of any age;
- university and college students;
- study abroad clients;
- credit and non-credit students;
- high school students;
- distance and online learners;
- individuals pursuing custom-designed learning solutions.
With many course categories to choose from, we are sure you can find a course to suit your needs. We offer:
- Business Professional/Executive Formats: If you're a business professional, an adult learner, an executive or a retiree, the 24/7 Total Intensive Submarine© Immersion Module is designed for you. This two- or three-week total immersion model is available ten times throughout the year. As well, consider our Two-week Intensive Day Format, offering the intensity of Submarine© formats along with the flexibility you need to fulfil work requirements while you study.
- Spring and Summer Residential Formats: If you enjoy large-group learning and a multicultural community, try the Intersession and Summer Session 24/7 Submarine© Immersion formats. As a participating provider of the national Explore! program, ELP offers you a high-quality language learning context in one of Canada's friendliest cities, and just a short distance from many Maritime tourist attractions.
- English for Academic Purposes/Bridging Programs: If you want to learn the English language skills you need to function in a university setting, you can choose from a variety of intensive day formats, including our Intensive English Term Format. If you are applying to UNB but need to improve your English abilities, you may be eligible for the Program of Academic English Preparation. If you only want one course, consider our Evening Credit and Non-credit options.
- Study Abroad: If you are an international student interested in learning English in a new country, check out our offerings and speak with your academic advisor to see if you're eligible to earn credits from any of our course offerings.
- English for the Workplace: If you're looking for ways to improve your English to obtain employment, we can help. From our Independent Language Management Workshop Series© to Labour Market Language Training©, we've got your workplace language training needs covered. And as always, we can custom-design courses to meet your requirements.
- Flexible Formats: If you like learning English in recreational settings, ELP's Learning on the Move© takes you to places around Fredericton and New Brunswick where you can practice English in a group and enjoy new surroundings, too. Can you only spare an hour or two each week? Try our Daytime Personalized© format, tailored to your language needs and time budget.
- Online Learning: If you'd like the convenience of practicing English from the comfort of your home or office, we offer the Executive Online Learning© Series, including Grammar Live!©, a grammar practice course in real time, and Bridges for Business©, a writing course that includes three one-hour live sessions with your instructor. We also offer custom-designed online courses to fit your needs.
Please note: health insurance is mandatory at UNB. Proof of valid health insurance is required prior to course commencement. Upon arrival you will be asked to provide proof of valid health insurance. Health insurance may be purchased from UNB. Click here for details.
Details on courses are available through the links on the right. If you are interested in learning more about the English Language Programme, please contact our office.
*All fees are in Canadian dollars and are subject to increase without notice.
An ELP Fast Fact:
ELP is a charter member of the former Council of Second Language Programs in Canada, an original member of Languages Canada, and an affiliate member of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) International Association.